When following a healthy lifestyle it is still important to treat yourself once in a while. These cookies are a healthier version of the chocolate loaded ones we all love, which should help to keep those cravings at bay! Try not to eat them all at once…it’s very tempting!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp organic, raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or 1 vanilla bean pod (split & scraped)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free if possible)
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt*
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dark.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- Roll mixture into 18 balls and place onto baking tray (you may need two).
- Refrigerate for 1 hours.
- Bake at 180°c for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool – if you can resist.
*What are the benefits of using Himalayan salt compared to table salt? Himalayan salt is said to be the purest salt on Earth and contains over 80 minerals which help to remove toxins and assist in absorbing nutrients. Still to be used in moderation.