Ever walk down the cereal isle in the supermarket, check the labels on the boxes and notice the insane amount of sugar that is added! Well instead of consuming 20 grams of sugar for breakfast I hope you enjoy this recipe for healthy coco pops or “cacao pops” as I am calling them. They will help you with a slower release of energy, keeping you sustained for longer.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 3 cups puffed rice
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c and line a large baking tray
- Place puffed rice and slivered almonds into a bowl
- Pour over coconut oil, rice malt syrup and cacao powder
- Scatter puffed rice mixture onto tray and place in oven
- Bake for 10 minutes – rotate after 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them, they can burn easily
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Add shredded coconut before serving
I serve my cacao pops with almond milk, banana & berries. Enjoy!