Caramel slice is one of my all time favourite treats. Normally loaded with sugar, this healthy version will stop the sweet cravings without the nasties.
If you try the recipe and love it as much as I do, let me know in the comments below.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 cup pitted dates (place in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften, drain)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 4 tbsp cacao
- 2 tsp honey or rice malt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a square cake tin with baking paper, allow to hang over the sides.
- Blend all base ingredients in a food processor until combined.
- Press firmly into cake tin and refrigerate while making filling.
- Rinse the food processor and add filling ingredients. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread filling mixture over the base until even.
- Rinse the food processor and add the topping ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Spread topping onto the base and sprinkle with Himalayan salt flakes.
- Refrigerate overnight, slice and serve!
You need to blend the topping ingredients. It will not become smooth using a spoon and bowl (believe me, I’ve tried it!).