Quiche is perfect for week day lunches or entertaining on the weekends. Normally with a heavy, buttery pastry, quiche can be quite unhealthy. This recipe uses almond meal to form the base, making it much healthier, full of protein, good fats and it’s GLUTEN FREE!
If you try the recipe and love it as much as I do, let me know in the comments below.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 200g full fat ricotta cheese
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 leek, sliced
- salt and peper
3 ripe figs, sliced to place on top
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c. Grease a tart tin.
- Blend all base ingredients in a food processor until combined.
- Press firmly into tart tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl
- Spread filling mixture over the base until even.
- Place sliced figs on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.