A great alternative to fish cakes. These lean turkey and quinoa cakes are full of protein and are perfect for that weekday lunch dilemma! Serve with a salad, roast vegetables or use in a pita pocket or wrap.
Ingredients (makes 16):
500g turkey mince
1/3 cup quinoa
1 tbsp garlic
- 1/4 red onion, diced
1/3 cup almond meal
1 egg, beaten
Salt and peper
- Cook quinoa per packet instructions and leave to cool.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- Heat a large frying pan and spray with oil (I use coconut oil).
- Roll mixture into balls, place onto frying pan and press with spatula to flatten.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of side.
Great option for meal prep. I take these to work in a container and reheat for an easy, healthy lunch!