It can be rally hard to find a healthy snack on the go. The first time I tired these I had found my new favourite snack! Perfect so those mid-morning munchies. I keep a container in the fridge to keep me going throughout the week.
Ingredients (makes 6 bars):
- 1 cup of nuts, seeds and dried fruit (I use the nut & fruit mix from Aldi – Oh So Natural Wholefoods)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp rice malt syrup
1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- Sprinkle of pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place ingredients into a food processor and blend until combined.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and press the mixture firmly into the tin.
- Freeze for 1 hour (you can leave overnight).
- Remove from freezer, cut into 6 bars and place into airtight container.
- Store in the fridge.
Lasts up to a week in the fridge.
Nut and fruit mix from Aldi contains almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, walnuts, sultanas, raisins, sunflower seeds and peptitas.